Please wait a moment ...
Please wait a moment ...
10-year anniversary of 1st Mercedes V Club Deutschland: Celebration time for Mercedes-Benz vans
- 20 to 22 September 2013: grand Club birthday meeting
- Mercedes-Benz Vans to mark the occasion with a diverse line-up of vehicles
- Comprehensive programme celebrating the traditions and performance capabilities of Mercedes vans
To mark the ten-year anniversary of the 1st Mercedes V Club Deutschland e.V., Mercedes-Benz Vans will be providing a comprehensive line-up of vehicles for the Club's grand birthday meeting from 20 to bis 22 September 2013 in Horstwalde, Brandenburg. Several hundred Mercedes vans from all model series and of all ages are expected to attend the event. The foundations for the 1st Mercedes V Club Deutschland were laid when the 638 model series was presented in 1996. Ever since their launch, the large capacity vehicle V-Class and the commercial vehicle Vito have delighted customers above all by virtue of their effective use of space. The 1st Mercedes V Club Deutschland was established in June 2003 (). It sees itself as an interest group focusing on the V-Class, Vito and Viano (model series 638 and 639). The scope of its activities has long since broadened to include the Sprinter, however. It is also open to older vehicles that trace the traditions of Mercedes-Benz vans back into the past, true to the notion that strong visions for the future thrive on deep roots – a core conviction that is instrumental in defining the essence of the Mercedes-Benz brand.
Grand Club birthday meeting from 20 to 22 September 2013
A special setting has been chosen for the meeting in this anniversary year: the vehicle test site in Horstwalde, some 50 kilometres south of Berlin, where various outside circuits, facilities and technical installations cover an area of around 1200 hectares. The site's history extends back into the first half of the last century. The Federal Institute for Materials Research and Testing (BAM) has its test facility for technical safety here, for example. Horstwalde is familiar territory for Mercedes-Benz, too: it was here in the sand dunes of Horstwalde that the Vans division prepared the Vito and Sprinter teams for the women-only "Rallye Aïcha des Gazelles du Maroc 2013", carrying out special desert training to hone their skills for the gruelling long-distance trip over 2500 kilometres.
Mercedes-Benz Vans to mark the occasion with a diverse line-up of vehicles
Mercedes-Benz Vans is fully committed to supporting the Club meeting, putting together an extensive array of vehicles that highlights the traditions and performance capabilities of Mercedes-Benz vans:
- Mercedes-Benz 170 V panel van, 1951 – forebear of the delivery van, in "used look" as rediscovered after so many years
- Mercedes-Benz O 319 Panorama Bus, 1961 – minibus with flair
- Mercedes-Benz Vito 116 CDI 4x4 – competed in the "Rallye Aïcha des Gazelles du Maroc 2013"
- Mercedes-Benz Sprinter 318 4x4 – competed in the "Rallye Aïcha des Gazelles du Maroc 2013"
- Mercedes-Benz Sprinter 311 CDI, model year 2014
- Mercedes-Benz Sprinter 319 CDI BlueTEC, model year 2014 – already featuring Euro VI-standard emission control
- Mercedes-Benz Vario 4x4 – the diverse range of vans with all-wheel drive
- Mercedes-Benz Viano V8 – one-off vehicle designed as fast camera van with platform body
Comprehensive programme celebrating the traditions and performance capabilities of Mercedes vans
Everyone is welcome to attend the Club meeting - with or without a van. A full programme is planned, including off-road drives over the demanding test terrain in various all-wheel-drive vehicles (guests will also be able to accompany drivers in the co-driver's seat). In addition, the COLLISION PREVENTION ASSIST system on board the new Sprinter will also be demonstrated. Trips around the test site in the classic O 319 bus will also be on offer.An overnight stay during the event in a camper van, mobile home or tent will be possible – subject to a nominal charge – (further information is available at ).