Please wait a moment ...
Please wait a moment ...
The model range: Exclusive and individual
OverviewActive safety: Numerous assistants on boardClose up: How the name "Shooting Brake" arose - Exclusive sports car with high recreational utility valueClose up: the positioning - No compromisesClose up: the wooden luggage compartment floor - Inspired by exclusive yachtsMercedes-Benz CLS Shooting Brake: Surprisingly differentPassive safety: Prevention and early detectionThe body: Robust, light and streamlinedThe chassis and suspension: Excellent dynamics without compromising on comfortThe design: Exclusive new interpretation of the emotional coupéThe drive: Powerful and efficientThe infotainment programme: Office, TV lounge and concert hallThe interior: A top-class settingThe Mercedes management on the CLS Shooting Brake: "For the heart and mind"The model range: Exclusive and individual
Stylish sportiness is a defining feature of the CLS Shooting Brake. This is underscored by five engines with four, six and eight cylinders, optional 4MATIC all-wheel drive and numerous individualisation options.
Right from the market launch in October 2012, the CLS Shooting Brake will be available with five petrol and diesel engines covering a power output range from 150 kW (204 hp) to 410 kW (557 hp) plus 4MATIC all-wheel drive (see section "The drive"). Standard features include the EASY-PACK tailgate with electric opening and closing and the EASY-PACK quickfold luggage compartment system with split-folding rear seat backrests. This system offers convenient operation from the luggage compartment.
The luggage compartment is fitted out with high-quality carpeting. In conjunction with PASSION Exclusive leather appointments the hand-sewn material is also incorporated in the sideliners. Designer aluminium rails are optionally available for an exclusive look. An extravagant touch is the optional designo wood luggage compartment floor (see "Close up"), which highlights the interior's hand-crafted character.
Optional extras further include a trailer coupling with folding mechanism, which enables the ball coupling to be folded compactly away behind the rear bumper. In conjunction with COMAND Online and reversing camera, a special camera resolution and an additional guide line are available to help the driver hook up a trailer without any assistance. The EASY Pack Fixkit luggage compartment management system comprises load securing rails, fixing elements, a telescopic rod, rear sill protector and retractable belt.
A total of 17 different exterior colours can be combined with the five interior colours – black, alpaca grey, almond beige, black/aubergine and black/porcelain. The choice of different leather qualities comprises leather (nappa leather), PASSION leather (a fine, semi-aniline leather), Exclusive PASSION leather (here the instrument panel and the entire beltline are also covered in leather) and single-tone designo leather (seat and backrest surfaces and head restraints in designo aniline leather). Five different finishes are available for the trim elements – high-gloss brown burr walnut, satin-finish light brown poplar, high-gloss black ash, black piano lacquer and carbon
Numerous optional items enable individualisation of the CLS, including active multicontour seat, heated multifunction steering wheel, dynamic LED High Performance headlamps, KEYLESS-GO and numerous assistance systems including Active Blind Spot Assist and Active Lane Keeping Assist with braking intervention (see "Active safety" section).
Mercedes-Benz has additionally put together three packages combining optional features.
- The Exterior Sports package includes a twin-pipe exhaust system with square tailpipe trims in polished stainless steel integrated in the bumper and a rear bumper with black trim. The DIRECT CONTROL suspension
features a sportier set-up. There is also a choice of different light-alloy wheels in ten-, five and five-twin-spoke design and in 17", 18" and 19" variants.
- The AMG Sports package comprises a 3-spoke multifunction sports steering wheel in nappa leather with a flattened bottom section, sports pedals in brushed stainless steel, AMG front and rear apron, 18" or optionally 19" AMG light-alloy wheels, floor mats with AMG lettering and, in combination with black leather seats, light lap seams on seats, head restraints and armrests. A further feature is the twin-pipe exhaust system with square tailpipe trims in polished stainless steel integrated in the bumper. With the AMG Sports package, the automatic transmission incorporates an additional third shift programme – M –, which enables manual gear-shifting using paddles on the steering wheel. In addition, the DIRECT CONTROL suspension features sportier tuning with this package.
- The Exclusive package combines Exclusive PASSION leather upholstery (including nappa leather on the instrument panel and the entire beltline) with a roof liner in fine DINAMICA microfibre fabric. Ambient lighting features as standard, and the customer is able to choose between a wood/leather steering wheel and a steering wheel in nappa leather.
The CLS Shooting Brake "Edition 1" will be available for a limited period of one year following market launch. The distinguishing features of this special model include a designo magno allanite grey matt paint finish, designo platinum white pearl leather appointments, floor mats with "Edition 1" lettering, black fabric designo roof liner and brushed stainless steel pedals. Depending on the model concerned, up to five alternative paint finishes are also available. In addition to high-gloss black ash trim, other interior trim options available for the "Edition 1" include black piano lacquer or AMG carbon fibre/black piano lacquer.
For the CLS 63 AMG Shooting Brake, the "Edition 1" is limited to a period of six months. It comes with a 24 kW (32 hp) increase in power and 100 Nm more torque, which means that the Edition 1 boasts performance figures of 410 kW (557 hp) and 800 Nm. There is a choice of "designo platinum white pearl" upholstery with designo velour floor mats featuring matching edging or alternatively single-tone Exclusive Passion leather upholstery in black, including instrument panel and beltline in nappa leather and designo velour floor mats with designo metal badge. AMG carbon-fibre/black piano lacquer trim and a designo roof liner in black DINAMICA microfibre are also included. All Mercedes-Benz metallic paint finishes and the designo mocha black, graphite and mystic blue paint finishes are available.
AMG Performance Studio for greater driving dynamics and exclusivity
Optional equipment and appointments from the AMG Performance Studio serve to create an even more dynamic and exclusive CLS 63 AMG Shooting Brake:
- AMG Exterior Carbon-Fibre package
- AMG trim elements in carbon fibre/black piano lacquer
- AMG ceramic high-performance composite braking system
- AMG rear-axle differential lock
- White illuminated AMG door sill panels at the front
- Lightweight forged AMG light-alloy wheels featuring a 5-twin-spoke design, painted in titanium grey with a high-sheen finish, with size 255/35 R 19 tyres at the front and size 285/30 R 19 at the rear
- AMG light-alloy wheels featuring a 10-twin-spoke design, painted in matt black, rim flange in high-sheen finish, with size 255/35 R 19 tyres at the front and size 285/30 R 19 at the rear