Please wait a moment ...
Please wait a moment ...
Model range, prices, equipment and appointments: At premium level
OverviewA generation ahead: the new Mercedes-Benz M-Class - Refinement meets efficiencyChassis: Effortless superiority whichever route you take - Dynamism meets comfortDesign: impressive credentials - From Economy to First ClassDrive system: high efficiency and oustanding dynamics - The SUV efficiency championModel range, prices, equipment and appointments: At premium levelSafety: A reassuring feeling - Just one star is enough
There are two diesel versions and one petrol version of the new M-Class available at market launch: ML 250 BlueTEC 4MATIC, ML 350 BlueTEC 4MATIC and ML 350 4MATIC BlueEFFICIENCY. All of the models impress with their extensive range of standard equipment and attractive, optional equipment packages. There is also a limited-edition model 'Edition 1' with exclusive equipment and appointments.
With fuel consumption according to NEDC of 6.0 l/100 km (158 g CO2/km), the extremely fuel-efficient ML 250 BlueTEC 4MATIC delivers an output of 150 kW (204 hp) along with 500 Nm of torque. It can accelerate from a standing start to 100 km/h in 9.0 seconds, while its top speed is 210 km/h. Even faster on the move is the ML 350 BlueTEC 4MATIC, although with a fuel consumption that is almost as frugal, at 6.8 l/100 km. With a maximum output of 190 kW (258 hp) and torque of 620 Nm, the V6 diesel can accelerate to 100 km/h in 7.4 seconds and reach a top speed of 224 km/h. With 225 kW (306 hp), the petrol-engined ML 350 4MATIC BlueEFFICIENCY has an average consumption, according to NEDC, of just 8.5 l/100 km and achieves a top speed of 235 km/h.
Variety is the spice of life: the colours and materials
M-Class customers can choose from two standard, non-metallic paint finishes – calcite white or black – or pay extra for one of the following metallic paint finishes: iridium silver, obsidian black, palladium silver, pearl beige, tanzanite blue, tenorite grey, citrine brown or diamond white BRIGHT. The standard interior of the SUV features upholstery in ARTICO man-made leather in combination with black fabric and an aluminium trim with light longitudinal grain. Optional extras include the following colours and materials: ARTICO man-made leather in alpaca grey, almond beige or black; leather in alpaca grey, almond beige or black; or leather in black/alpaca grey, black/almond beige or black/tobacco brown/marron. As for the trim, there is a choice of brown open-pore ash wood or high-gloss wood in brown eucalyptus, dark graphite poplar or brown burr walnut. Furthermore, the upper and lower sections of the dashboard as well as the door beltlines can be enhanced with an ARTICO man‑made-leather trim with topstitching.
THERMATIC: prime clime as standard
A balanced interior climate is assured thanks to the standard-fit THERMATIC automatic climate control with 2 climate zones, a combination activated charcoal filter to reduce dust and odours, a solar sensor, rear air vents and a demisting sensor. For even more sophisticated climate control, the THERMOTRONIC system is available as a cost option. This system also includes 4-zone temperature control for the driver, front passenger and rear passengers as well as three individually adjustable climate modes – DIFFUSE, MEDIUM, FOCUS – a dew point sensor, additional B-pillar vents, a booster blower in the centre console for the rear compartment with separate controls, convenient air recirculation with an outside air quality sensor and residual engine heat utilisation.
For the eyes and the ears: good entertainment and the best information
The new M-Class comes as standard with the Audio 20 CD system, which comprises a radio with twin-tuner, TFT colour display with a 14.7 cm screen diagonal, an MP3/WMA/AAC-compatible CD player, a USB interface with CD Cover Art display (if saved on the storage medium), an AUX-IN socket in the centre armrest and a telephone keypad. The Bluetooth interface also allows hands‑free telephony and Audio Streaming for the transfer of music.
The Audio 20 CD system can be optionally upgraded with the addition of a 6-disc CD changer, Media Interface, the "Logic7" Surround Sound system from audio specialists Harman/Kardon®, digital radio (DAB) or comfort telephony in the armrest. Then there is the Becker® MAP PILOT, a fully integrated navigation module with 2D/3D map displays for Europe. This system, which is offered as a genuine accessory, can be docked into a cradle in the glove compartment and controlled through the central control unit of the Audio 20 CD system. The navigation route is shown in both the central display and the instrument cluster, while route recommendations are issued acoustically through the vehicle loudspeakers. Also included: automatic tailback avoidance (TMC Pro) and voice-controlled address entry. Updates to map data, application software and other features are possible via the internet on a home computer, since the module can be taken out.
The COMAND Online system, with a high-resolution 17.8 cm TFT colour display, offers internet access in the M-Class for the first time. Customers can either surf freely while the vehicle is stationary, or call up a Mercedes-Benz app, the pages of which build particularly quickly and are easy to use even while the vehicle is on the move. The integrated apps include Google™ Local Search, Facebook access (from 11/2011) and weather, as well as the ability to download and adopt into the navigation system a route that has been previously configured in Google Maps and sent to the car, or specific destinations. Further Mercedes-Benz apps will be successively introduced and will then be available for use by all customers. Telephones that are compatible with the COMAND Online apps are listed on the website www.mercedes-benz.com/connect. COMAND Online is available as an option with a 6-disc DVD‑changer.
The system includes Speed Limit Assist as standard, which recognises traffic signs and displays the applicable speed limit in the instrument cluster.
Stable prices: ML 350 BlueTEC 4MATIC costs little more than its predecessor
Customers can order the new M-Class from 11 July of this year, with deliveries commencing in November 2011. Despite the upgraded equipment and appointments, prices for the ML 350 BlueTEC 4MATIC remain practically the same as for its predecessor (an increase of just 50 euros).
The prices at a glance:
| || |
incl. 19% VAT
ML 250 BlueTEC 4MATIC
ML 350 BlueTEC 4MATIC
ML 350 4MATIC BlueEFFICIENCY
Exclusive model to mark the launch: Edition 1
They have already become something of a tradition and are valued by our customers: the limited-number Edition 1 vehicles that mark the beginning of any new model series. In the case of the new M-Class, the offer includes an AMG Exterior Sports package with a specific front apron, rear apron and side sill panels in vehicle colour, as well as 50.8 cm (9J x 20) high-sheen AMG light-alloy wheels in a 5-spoke design and 265/45 R 20 tyres. The sporty, dynamic look of the car is rounded off by sports brakes with perforated brake discs and special brake calliper covers, and metallic paintwork.
The interior is similarly impressive, featuring designo leather upholstery in either marron or porcelain with contrasting decorative stitching in a diamond-shaped pattern. The instrument panel, door centre panels, interior beltlines and centre console are also upholstered in leather. The wood/leather steering wheel in nappa leather with DIRECT SELECT shift paddles, wood trim in open-pore brown ash or high-gloss anthracite poplar and the black designo roof lining round off this luxurious package of appointments. The footwells have black velour floor mats with metal 'designo' badges. Functional enhancements to the interior include a Memory package, seat heating for the driver's and front passenger seats, sidebags in the rear and the automatic child seat recognition system. The M-Class Edition 1 may be combined with any diesel or petrol engine.
The M-Class Edition 1 can likewise be ordered from 11 July, with prices starting at €55,700 (€66,283 incl. 19% VAT for the ML 250 BlueTEC 4MATIC Edition 1).
Complete: the standard equipment
- Adaptive flashing brake lights
- Airbags for driver and front passenger
- 4MATIC all-wheel drive
- Anti-lock braking system (ABS)
- Acceleration skid control (ASR)
- ATTENTION ASSIST can detect typical signs of drowsiness or increasing inattention based on the driver's steering and then warn the driver in advance if microsleep is imminent
- Audio 20 CD
- Heated left and right exterior mirrors, electrically adjustable from inside, painted in the vehicle colour, with aspherically curved mirror glass and integral indicators
- 7G-TRONIC PLUS automatic transmission
- Brake Assist (BAS) with automatic detection of emergency-stop situations and braking assistance
- Spectacles compartment in overhead control panel, illuminated
- 2 cup holders at the front
- Chrome-look roof rails
- Diesel particulate filter (diesel models only)
- DIRECT SELECT gearshift with DIRECT SELECT steering-wheel shift paddles and DIRECT SELECT selector lever on the steering column
- Downhill Speed Regulation (DSR)
- ECO start/stop function
- Chrome-effect electronic key
- Electronic Stability Program (ESP®)
- Electronic Traction System (4ETS)
- 4 power windows with convenience control and automatic reversing function
- Transmission mode switch for Economy, Sport and Manual modes (E/S/M) for ML 250 BlueTEC 4MATIC
- Electric parking brake with convenience release function (released automatically when starting off)
- Folding rear-seat backrests with 1/3 : 2/3 split, adjustable inclination and cargo position
- Pedestrian protection with Active Bonnet
- Heated rear window with timer control
- Rear window wiper with intermittent wiper control, activated automatically when reversing
- ISOFIX child seat anchorage points in the rear and TopTether securing points at the top of the rear backrest
- Mechanical childproof locks in the rear doors and electrical childproof locks on the rear power windows
- Kneebag for the driver
- Instrument cluster in 2-tube design with 11.4 cm (4.5-inch) multifunction display
- LED rear lights including tail lights, brake lights, indicators and third brake light
- LED daytime driving lights
- 43.2 cm (17-inch) 10-spoke light-alloy wheels with 235/65 R17 on 7.5 J x 17 (ML 250 BlueTEC 4MATIC/ML 350 BlueTEC 4MATIC)
- · 45.7 cm (18-inch) 10-spoke light-alloy wheels with 255/55 R17 on 8 J x 18 (ML 350 4MATIC BlueEFFICIENCY)
- Steering column manually adjustable for height and reach
- 4-spoke multifunction steering wheel in nappa leather with steering-wheel shift paddles and 12 function buttons
- Off-road mode with off-road button, optimises the modes for anti-lock braking system (ABS), Electronic Stability Program (ESP®), Electronic Traction System (4ETS) and electric steering (ML 350 BlueTEC 4MATIC/ML 350 4MATIC BlueEFFICIENCY) when driving off-road
- Electric steering with variable steering assistance and variable steering ratio
- PRE-SAFE® system with reversible belt tensioners for front seats, closing function for power windows
- Tyre pressure loss warning system
- Windscreen wipers with rain sensor
- Clear-lens headlamps with H7 projector-beam technology
- Side impact protection
- Sidebags for driver and front passenger
- Sun visors with illuminated vanity mirrors which can be pivoted to the side
- Socket under rear seat bench on the right and in the load compartment
- Cruise control with SPEEDTRONIC variable speed limiter
- TIREFIT with electric pump
- Door brake with locking system
- Up-front and roll-over sensor system, supplies information to the central control unit to ensure fast activation of the restraint systems such as airbags and belt tensioners in line with the current situation if a frontal impact is detected or if the vehicle rolls over
- Fully electrically adjustable front seats
- Heat-insulating green tinted glass all round, incl. rear window made from single-layer safety glass
- Warning buzzer and warning indicator in the instrument cluster if occupants are not all wearing their seat belts
- Central locking with interior switch, automatic locking (deactivatable) and crash sensor with emergency opening
Designed to give customers what they want: attractive equipment and appointments packages
- AMG Exterior Sports package:
AMG bodystyling, front apron, rear apron and side skirts in body colour
48.3 cm (19-inch) 5-spoke AMG light-alloy wheels with a high-sheen finish, with 255/50 R 19 on 8.5 J x 19
Sports brakes with 45.7 cm/48.3 cm (18-inch/ 19-inch) perforated brake discs with brake calliper cover
- designo Exclusive package
Upholstery in single-tone designo leather
designo roof lining in DINAMICA black
Extended appointments in designo leather, including dashboard, beltlines, door
centre panels and armrests
designo floor mats with "designo" badge and edging in designo black leather
- Anti-Theft Protection package including anti-theft alarm system with tow-away protection and interior monitoring system
- Driving assistance package Plus including DISTRONIC PLUS, PRE-SAFE® Brake, Brake Assist (BAS PLUS), automatic child seat recognition, Active Lane Keeping Assist and Active Blind Spot Assist
- Load compartment management: EASY-PACK load-securing kit including EASY-PACK load-securing rails, fastening elements, telescopic bar and inertia reel
- Light package incl. Intelligent Light System with bi-xenon headlamps, active light function, automatic headlamp beam control, cornering light function, LED indicators, headlamp cleaning system and Adaptive Highbeam Assist
- Memory package including electrically adjustable front seats, front head restraints, steering column and exterior mirrors with Memory function as well as exterior mirrors with parking position, 4-way lumbar support for front seats, controls on the doors and positioning of the front passenger seat in PRE-SAFE® situations
- ON&OFFROAD package including transmission mode switch and animation on the COMAND display, manual mode for 7G-TRONIC, 100% centre differential lock, adapted 4ETS, off-road reduction ratio (low range), underguard under engine, underride guard and special off-road algorithms for ABS, ETS, ESP and air suspension
- Smoker package incl. ashtrays in place of front/rear stowage compartment and cigarette lighter in the front
- Interior Sports package
Upholstery in DINAMICA microfibre/ARTICO man-made leather in black or upholstery in nappa leather/leather in black
Sports seats with reinforced lateral support in the 1st seat row and unique seat
design with contrasting stitching in the front/rear
Unique door centre panel
Luxury 4-spoke sports steering wheel
Sports pedals in brushed stainless steel with rubber studs
Floor mats in cord with Mercedes-Benz badge
- Mirror package: automatically dimming interior mirror and exterior mirror on driver's side as well as electrically folding exterior mirrors left and right
- Lane Tracking package including Lane Keeping Assist and Blind Spot Assist
- Winter package including auxiliary heater, remote control, heated windscreen washer system and heated front seats
The best in information and entertainment: optional infotainment systems
In addition to the Becker® MAP PILOT and COMAND Online systems described, further features available include the following:
- Digital radio (DAB) for the DAB, DMB and DAB+ standards
- Rear Seat Entertainment System including two 20.3 cm displays integrated in the front head restraints, DVD player, two sets of headphones and remote control
- Harman Kardon® Logic 7® surround sound system including 12-channel SP amplifier and 2-channel booster with a total output of 830 watts in conjunction with 14 high-performance loudspeakers. Dolby Digital 5.1 and DTS listening experience possible if Audio 20 APS or COMAND APS is specified
- Convenience Telephony in the armrest with universal interface for various cradles, extended telephone functions, charging function and external aerial for optimum reception
- Media Interface: universal interface in the glove compartment for various mobile audio devices including consumer cable set (e.g. iPod, USB stick)
- TV tuner for analogue and digital reception (only in conjunction with COMAND)
Desirable: the key individual features available as cost options
- ACTIVE CURVE SYSTEM, dynamic handling control system with dynamic anti-roll function (only in conjunction with AIRMATIC ADS)
- AIRMATIC with Adaptive Damping System (ADS) and all-round self-levelling
- Active Parking Assist including PARKTRONIC
- Ambient lighting for trim in 3 colours, lighting for two cup holders, rear footwell, air vent thumbwheels and front door sills as well as warning/exit lighting in the rear
- Trailer coupling with electric unlocking
- Cup holders with warm/cold temperature control and pelletier element
- designo appointments: wood/leather steering wheel, black fabric roof lining, black piano lacquer wood trim
- ·Wood/leather steering wheel in nappa leather with DIRECT SELECT shift paddles
- KEYLESS-GO access and drive authorisation system including door handles with chrome insert
- Light-alloy wheels:
43.2 cm (17-inch) 5-spoke with 235/65 R 17 on 7.5 J x 17
45.7 cm (18-inch) 10-spoke with 255/55 R 17 on 8 J x 18
48.3 cm (19-inch) 5-twin-spoke with 255/50 R 19 on 8 J x 19
48.3 cm (19-inch) 5-spoke with 255/50 R 19 on 8.5 J x 19
48.3 cm (19-inch) 7-spoke with 255/50 R 19 on 8.5 J x 19
50.8 cm (20-inch) 5-twin-spoke with 265/45 R 20 on 9 J x 20
- AMG bodystyling light-alloy wheels:
48.3 cm (19-inch) 5-spoke AMG with a high-sheen finish, with 255/50 R 19
on 8.5 J x 19
50.8 cm (20-inch) 5-spoke AMG with a high-sheen finish, with 265/45 R 20 on 8.5 9J x 20
53.3 cm (21-inch) 5-twin-spoke AMG with a high-sheen finish, with 265/40
R 21 on 9J x 21
53.3 cm (21-inch) 5-twin-spoke AMG in titanium grey with a high-sheen finish, with 295/35 R 21 on 10 J x 21
- Heated multifunction steering wheel
- Night View Assist Plus with automatic person recognition
- Electric panoramic glass sunroof with convenience closing feature and automatic rain-sensor closing function (tilt position), electric roller sun blind and automatic reversing function
- Reversing camera with guide lines on the display
- Rear sidebags left and right
- Heated rear seats
- Climatised (heated and ventilated) front seats, perforated leather
- Heat insulating dark tinted glass for rear side windows and rear window
Do you really want to delete the data record?
Please wait a moment ...
Please wait a moment ...
Please wait a moment ...
Crop and add to the Download Center
Please wait a moment ...