Please wait a moment ...
Please wait a moment ...
Under the microscope: smart road assistance - Insurance package included
OverviewActive safety: Clever co-pilotsDrive system: More efficiency, more driving funExterior design: Unmistakably smartInterior design: Easy-going and charmingPassive safety: Safety comes from experienceProduction: The Hambach plant - quality and efficiency in oneSales and marketing: From small beginnings to a global brandsmart management on the new models: "Our idea has won through"Suspension: A focus on comfortThe concept: Revolutionary 3.0The model range: Every smart is uniqueThe new smart fortwo & forfour: Adding a new shine to a proven conceptThe smart story: Individual mobility reinventedUnder the microscope: loading - Affordable solutions for better drivingUnder the microscope: new app smart cross connect - Multimedia buddyUnder the microscope: "Real-life safety" philosophy - Crash test against an S-ClassUnder the microscope: smart road assistance - Insurance package includedUnder the microscope: the rear axle - A sophisticated solution
A lifelong mobility guarantee applies to the new generation smart fortwo and forfour and to all new smart cars registered from 1 November 2014. In the event of an accident, a breakdown, a little mishap or vandalism smart road assistance provides immediate assistance throughout Europe, for example with a breakdown and recovery service, hotel accommodation and replacement car.
A free insurance package with extended benefits is now included with the purchase of a new smart. smart road assistance offers immediate expert assistance throughout Europe and ensures that smart drivers stay mobile. The mobility guarantee is extended every time the vehicle is serviced at an authorised smart service partner. This enables the validity to be extended year by year – for the whole life of the vehicle. And there is an important difference to similar offers: if an inspection is missed, the mobility guarantee can be reactivated the next time an inspection is carried out at a service partner.
The smart road assistance call centre can be contacted around the clock 365 days a year on 00800 2 777 7777 (calls from a landline are free of charge but charges may be incurred for calls from mobile networks). Service is provided in the national language of the caller.
The most important benefits at a glance:
- Breakdown and starting assistance, small repairs at the site of the breakdown: smart road assistance will assume the mechanic's call-out charges and repair costs up to a sum of €150
- Replacement vehicle: if required, a replacement vehicle will be provided for the duration of the repair (max. three workdays, excluding costs for fuel, coolants and lubricants and additional services). As an alternative to a replacement vehicle smart owners can continue their journey by train or plane: costs of max. €400 per occupant will be reimbursed
- Vehicle return service: if it is not possible to get the vehicle back on the road within three days, smart road assistance will organise later return of the vehicle if so desired
- Vehicle recovery: if on-the-spot assistance is not possible, the organisation and costs for towing the vehicle to the nearest authorised smart service partner will be assumed
- Accommodation/hotel: if the smart owner decides to wait for the vehicle to be repaired or the repair cannot be carried out on the same day, the costs for overnight accommodation will be assumed for all occupants for the duration of the repair (hotel costs incl. breakfast for max. three working days and €400)
- Taxi, local public transport, other forms of transport: the costs for getting to the station or airport – e.g. by taxi or local public transport – will be assumed up to a sum of €75
- Organisational assistance: in the smart driver's home country and abroad smart road assistance will assist in arranging a translator or legal advisor, for example