Please wait a moment ...
Please wait a moment ...
The new sports package for the E-Class: strong performer
- 18-inch wheels, sporty suspension and more direct steering
- Seats with TWIN Leather upholstery, leather sports steering wheel and stainless steel pedals
- All-in price between 1276 and 2088 Euro, depending on model
Elegance, dynamism and innovation – this is the recipe for success which has placed the E-Class in the fast lane since spring 2002. In future Mercedes customers will be able to emphasise the dynamic aspect in the character of the Saloon and Estate even more strongly, and to equip their E-Class even more individually. From March 2005 Mercedes-Benz will be offering a sports package which in-cludes numerous valuable extras – many of which are not available individually.
Models equipped with the sports package attract attention at first glance: the high-sheen 18-inch light-alloy wheels make the car’s side view a real eyecatcher. The elegant ten-twin-spoke design of the wheels allows a view of the silver-painted brake callipers with the Mercedes logo and the perforated front brake discs, which discreetly but effectively accentuate the sporty and dynamic appear-ance of the E-Class. This is matched by the handling, as the sports package also includes a sporty suspension configuration and a ten percent more direct steering ratio (14.7:1) with a speed-dependent function. The newly developed light-alloy wheels are combined with wide-base tyres in size 245/40 R 18 at the front and 265/35 R 18 at the rear.
The side skirts and rear bumper are adopted from the AVANTGARDE line and provide a sporty touch, as do the oval stainless steel exhaust tailpipes. The rear bumper conceals special rear silencers which ensure a powerful and sonorous exhaust note. Models in the ELEGANCE line equipped with the sports package are fitted with the AVANTGARDE front bumper including a headlamp cleaning system.
Sporty and elegant atmosphere in the interior
In the interior, the specially designed seats, in particular, emphasise the character of models equipped with the sports package. The seats are upholstered in an anthracite-coloured combination of genuine leather (seat surfaces) and high-quality artificial leather (side bolsters). Fine topstitching in a light-coloured thread provide a contrast on the seats. The sports package for the E-Class includes a four-spoke sports steering wheel with integral gearshift buttons for manual operation of the automatic transmission, a gearshift lever in a sporty design, a stainless steel pedal cluster with black rubber studs and floor mats with a contrasting border and the Mercedes logo. The contents of the new sports pack-age at a glance:
- 18-inch light-alloy wheels in ten twin-spoke design
- 245/40 R 18 wide-base tyres at the front, 265/35 R 18 at the rear
- Silver-painted front brake calli-pers with Mercedes logo
- Front brake discs internally venti-lated and perforated
- Rear bumper and side skirts in AVANTGARDE design
- Oval exhaust tailpipes of polished stainless steel
- Special rear silencer
- Sporty suspension configuration
- More direct, speed-sensitive steering
- Four-spoke sports steering wheel with gearshift buttons for the automatic transmission
- Sporty shift lever
- Pedals of brushed stainless steel with black rubber studs
- Driver footrest of brushed stainless steel with black rubber studs
- Sports seats with TWIN Leather upholstery and contrasting seams
- Floor mats bordered in a contrasting colour with Mercedes logo
With the exception of the E 240, the sports package is available for the petrol models in the E-Class (Saloon and Estate) and can be combined with any of the lines. Prices (ex factory) are between 1050 and 1700 Euro depending on engine and line.
In place of the previous bodystyling package, an AMG sports package with 18-inch AMG light-alloy wheels, AMG exhaust tailpipes and AMG floor mats will be available from March 2005.