Please wait a moment ...
Please wait a moment ...
OverviewActive safety: Network of supportersBody and aerodynamics: There is strength in serenityDesign: Sharp contours and sensuous surfacesEngines and transmissions: Dynamic and exemplarily cleanEquipment and appointments: From sporty to stylishMercedes connect me: In online contact with the carMercedes management on the CLA Shooting Brake: "Fifth chapter of a success story"Mercedes-Benz CLA Shooting Brake: Beauty in its most practical guiseMultimedia systems: Entertainment, information and communicationPassive safety: Optimum protection before, during and after an accidentSuspension: Dedicated to dynamismUnder the microscope: COLLISION PREVENTION ASSIST reduces the number of accidents: Up to 30 percent fewer rear-end collisioUnder the microscope: new car segments: Conceptional creativityUnder the microscope: the allergy label ECARF: Emphasis on clean airUnder the microscope: the success story: Over a million new compact carsUnder the microscope: 4MATIC: Just a moment
Mar 5, 2015
"Mercedes connect me" links the CLA with the world around it. Mercedes connect me Standard Services can be used with the standard communications module. Available services include, for example, Accident Recovery, Maintenance Management and Breakdown Management.
The Stuttgart-based premium automotive manufacturer has bundled its entire service portfolio under the umbrella brand "Mercedes me", making services easily accessible and available at all times on a digital internet platform. The line-up can be accessed via a personalised Mercedes ID on the website.
"Mercedes me" also includes new "Mercedes connect me" services. "Mercedes connect me" services can be used via a communications module integrated into the vehicle. The available services include Accident Recovery, Maintenance Management and Breakdown Management. Likewise, customers can connect to their vehicle from anywhere and at any time via "connect.mercedes.me" and, among other things, retrieve the fill level of the tank or start, stop or program the auxiliary heating system.
In an accident, the Mercedes-Benz emergency call system automatically connects the occupants with the Mercedes-Benz Emergency Call Centre and sends the position and condition of the vehicle to the rescue operations centre. A rescue vehicle can then be dispatched immediately. The system works automatically, but can also be triggered manually.
"Mercedes connect me" Standard Services comprise:
- Accident Recovery – after the Mercedes-Benz emergency call, the system connects to the Customer Assistance Centre so that additional assistance can be requested, where necessary, to deal with an accident, e.g. a tow truck.
- Breakdown Management – provides technical assistance in the event of a breakdown. To this end, the position and condition of the vehicle are transmitted to the Customer Assistance Centre, which informs Mercedes-Benz Service 24h. This allows the Mercedes-Benz Service 24h to provide fast and optimal help.
- Maintenance Management – the vehicle detects and reports pending maintenance need and sends the necessary data to the service outlet as the basis for preparing a service quote.
Telediagnostics – the vehicle detects the need for replacement of diagnostics-capable wear parts and reports this to the service outlet. The service outlet contacts the customer to arrange a workshop appointment. The previously transmitted data enable the workshop to provide optimal assistance.
The "Live Traffic Information" service comprises:
real-time traffic data from TomTom in conjunction with COMAND Online – three-year term, can be extended after the end of the term for a fee.
The optional Remote Online Services (can also be used with a smartphone via ) comprise:
- Parked Vehicle Locator – allows the vehicle position to be determined, for example, if the vehicle was parked in an unfamiliar city. This makes convenient finding of the vehicle within a range of 1.5 kilometres possible, using a smartphone.
- Vehicle Tracker – enables the latest position of a moving vehicle to be pinpointed via GPS. The driver has a display in the vehicle and can deactivate the service at any time with a toll-free call to the Customer Assistance Centre.
- Geofencing – displays where the vehicle is in an area previously defined on the map and informs the customer if the car leaves or enters this area. As in the case of the Vehicle Tracker, the driver can deactivate the service at any time (due to become available mid-2015).
- Remote Door Locking and Unlocking – allows the vehicle doors to be locked or unlocked remotely, for example, if the driver forgot to lock the vehicle (due to become available mid-2015).
- Remote Retrieval of Vehicle Status – vehicle data such as fuel level, range and more can be accessed from home or while on the road.
Programming of Auxiliary Heating – if the vehicle is equipped with auxiliary heating, all functions such as starting, switching off or programming of the timer can be controlled online via a smartphone.