Location Beijing, China
For the Chinese market: C-Class (standard and long version), E-Class (long version), A-Class (long version), GLA, GLC (long version), engines
Production start: 2006
Number of employees: > 11,500
Annual production figure: > 480,000
- Beijing Benz Automotive Co., Ltd (BBAC), a joint venture between Daimler and the Chinese partner BAIC, produces vehicles with front- and rear-wheel-drive and engines.
- BBAC is an important part of the global production network of Mercedes-Benz Cars.
- In 2016, BBAC celebrated its one millionth locally produced vehicle. Just two years later, in 2018, the milestone of two million vehicles “Made in China, for China” was reached.
- The current production portfolio comprises the C-Class, E-Class, A-Class, GLA, GLC and engines for Mercedes-Benz cars and vans.
- In the future the location will produce electric vehicles under the product and technology brand EQ and batteries for the local market.
- The EQC1 will be the first all-electric Mercedes-Benz EQ model, with production commencing in Beijing in 2019.
1Combined power consumption: 20.8 – 19.7 kWh/100 km; CO2 emissions, combined: 0 g/km*.
*Power consumption and range were determined on the basis of Directive 692/2008/EC. Power consumption and range depend on the vehicle configuration.
Crop and add to the Download Center
Global Business Communications Mercedes-Benz Cars Powertrain Plants Untertürkheim, Berlin, Hamburg, Kölleda and Battery Production Network
+49 151 586 282 85