Daimler Trucks and Buses in Zahlen
|Return on Sales (in %)||6.1||7.2|
|Investment in property, plant and equipment||971||1,105 |
|Research and development expenditure||1,490||1,295|
|thereof capitalized development expenditure||53||40|
in million EUR
1These 2017 figures have been adjusted based on new IFRS 15 standards including cost of hedging (IFRS 9)
|Employees (December 31)1||2019 ||2018|
|Rest of world||10.760||9,266|
1Adjustment of employee figure 2018 due to changes within internal employee allocation
|Sales units||2019 ||2018|
|thereof: United States||174,000||161,000|
|Latin America (excluding Mexico)||43,000||38,000|
|BFDA (Auman Trucks)||86,000||103,000|
|Total (including BFDA)||575,000||621,000|
1European Union, Switzerland and Norway
|Location||Daimler Truck Employees (31.12.2019)|
|Trucks Europe/Latin America|
|São Bernardo do Campo (Brazil)||7,414|
|Juiz de Fora (Brazil)||1,070|
|Daimler Trucks in NAFTA|
|Portland (United States)||3,221|
|Cleveland (United States)||2,133|
|Mount Holly (United States)||1,173|
|Redford (United States)||2,634|
|High Point (United States)||1,606|
|Santiago Tianguistenco (Mexico)||2,817|
|Daimler Trucks in Asia|
1Incl. other small locations in Japan
|Major markets of Daimler Trucks (units)||2019||2018|
|1. USA||174,190 ||160,558|
|2. Japan||42,239 ||44,027|
|3. Indonesia||39,079 ||64,228|
|4. Germany||31,498 ||32,939|
|5. Brazil||29,691 ||21,403|
|6. Canada||16,738 ||17,748|
|7. India||14,474 ||22,532|
|8. Mexico||10,219 ||11,361|
|9. Taiwan||9,646 ||8,547|
|10. France||9,133 ||9,232|
- Includes content supplied by IHS Automotive, Copyright © IHS Global SA, 2019. All rights reserved, status as of February 2019.
- CV are trucks with a GVW larger than 6 t, including US school bus chassis. Excluded are all other buses and coaches, off-highway trucks as well as trucks that are not registered (military, airport).
- Information consolidated on Group level. Group is defined as the organization (typically publicly listed) which owns or controls truck brands. Brands belong to a group if the share is 50.1 % or more.
- Figures are related to trucks that have been registered and are in operation – these exclude off-highway, military vehicles.
- Data is based on reported numbers by agencies, in the unlikely event of data changes by agencies, IHS Automotive may have to adjust historical numbers.
- Volvo Global Trucks excluding Eicher JV registrations.