Daimler Financial Services AG announces Top Management Rotation
- Franz Reiner, BoM member responsible for the European region succeeds Klaus Entenmann as Chairman of Daimler Financial Services AG
- Klaus Entenmann, currently Daimler Financial Services AG Chairman will remain with the company and continue to focus on strategic projects and the further development of mobility services portfolio until he will retire in December 2019
- Peter Zieringer, BoM member responsible for the Americas region, will be responsible for the Europe region and succeeds Franz Reiner
- Peter Henn, BoM member responsible for the Africa & Asia Pacific region, will be responsible for the Americas region and succeeds Peter Zieringer
- Yvonne Rosslenbroich, BoM member for Human Resources, will be responsible for the Africa & Asia Pacific region and succeeds Peter Henn
- Bodo Uebber, Daimler Board of Management member responsible for Finance and Controlling and the business unit Daimler Financial Services, “We are able to tap into a very experienced leadership team to ensure a smooth transition for the Chairman position before Klaus Entenmann retires in December 2019.”& amp; amp; lt; /strong>
Stuttgart, Daimler Financial Services AG announced today that Klaus Entenmann, Chairman of the Daimler Financial Services AG Board of Management will step down from his position in May 2019. This move allows a smooth transition to a new leadership team before his scheduled retirement in December 2019. The 62 year old Klaus Entenmann will remain with the company and continue to focus on strategic projects and the further development of the mobility services portfolio.
“Klaus Entenmann has been an outstanding and very accomplished leader within our organization for the last 30 years. He has dynamically grown the portfolio, has been instrumental in transforming the company into an integrated financial and mobility services company and has made the company one of the most globally respected to work for according to the Great Place to Work Institute”, stated Bodo Uebber, Daimler Board of Management member responsible for Finance and Controlling and the business division Daimler Financial Services AG. “The hand over to Franz Reiner ensures a smooth transition to the new leadership as we are able to tap into one of the outstanding leaders in our organization for this important role”, added Uebber.
As a result of Entenmann’s stepping down, the following changes will take place in the Daimler Financial Services AG Board of Management effective June 1, 2019.
Franz Reiner, currently BoM member responsible for Europe, will become Chairman of Daimler Financial Services AG and report into Bodo Uebber. He is currently also responsible as CEO for the Mercedes-Benz Bank AG and for the Athlon business. Since joining the company in 1992, Reiner has held various positions in Europe and North America in operations, sales and marketing. In 2009, he was appointed to the Board of Management of Daimler Financial Services AG responsible for the Americas region before taking on his current responsibility in 2011.
A successor for Franz Reiner as CEO of the Mercedes-Benz Bank AG as well as a successor for Klaus Entenmann as the Chairman of the Supervisory Board of the Mercedes-Benz Bank AG will be announced shortly.
Peter Zieringer, currently BoM member responsible for the Americas region will succeed Franz Reiner as BoM member responsible for Europe - including the German market. He joined the company in 1993 and played an integral role in setting up the company’s operations in Asia. Since 2005 he led the Mercedes-Benz Bank and in 2011 became the BoM member responsible for the Americas region, which has experienced enormous growth over the last years.
Peter Henn, currently BoM member responsible for the Africa & Asia Pacific region, will succeed Peter Zieringer as BoM member for the Americas region. Henn joined the Daimler Group in 2007 as Head of Corporate Audit and Corporate Governance. In 2010, he was named Chief Audit Executive of Daimler. Since 2014, he has been BoM member for the region Africa & Asia Pacific. In this role, he is responsible for eleven dynamic markets in one of the fastest-growing regions.
Yvonne Rosslenbroich, currently BoM member for Human Resources and Labor Relations Director, will be promoted to BoM member for the Africa & Asia Pacific region succeeding Peter Henn. In her current role she has been responsible for the global HR strategy for 40 countries with about 14,000 employees since 2015. Prior to this position, she led several markets as both Managing Director and Chief Financial Officer.
In July 2019, the planned renaming of the company from Daimler Financial Services AG into the Daimler Mobility AG will take place. “Having worked with these outstanding leaders for such a long time, I am confident that they will continue to lead Daimler Financial Services into a very successful Daimler Mobility AG future as we further shape the way mobility is experienced and consumed around the globe”, added Uebber.