Stuttgart, Jun 25, 2010 -
On 21 June 1905, Carl and Bertha Benz acquired the estate on plot no. 4180 in Ladenburg, just a few steps from the river Neckar. In the park belonging to his house, Carl Benz had what was probably the world's first garage built in the style of a fortified tower. This is where he accommodated his Benz "Victoria"; in a room above the garage, he was able to engage in his engineering work in all peace and quiet.