Mercedes-Benz C-Class (Sedan, Estate, Coupé, Convertible), E-Class (Coupé and Convertible), GLC, GLC Coupé, Roadster SL, EQC
Foundation year: 1938
Number of employees: > 12,000
Annual production figure: > 270,000
- The Mercedes-Benz plant in Bremen is the largest private employer in the region and the lead plant for the C-Class. The high-volume classic in the Mercedes-Benz portfolio is also produced under Bremen’s leadership in East London (South Africa) and in the joint venture plant BBAC in Beijing (China).
- As the lead plant, Bremen additionally controls production of the GLC in the global production network.
- The plant produces ten models, production covers the entire range of intelligent drive technologies.
- In 2020 an EQC (combined power consumption: 21.5 kWh/100 km; combined CO₂ emissions: 0 g/km)[i], the Mercedes-Benz among electric vehicles, was the nine millionth vehicle “made in Bremen” to roll off the assembly line.The EQC, the first electric vehicle from the new product and technology brand EQ, has been built in Bremen since 2019. In the second half of 2021, the Mercedes-Benz plant in Bremen will start production of the EQE business sedan.
- The production site is home to the Mercedes-Benz Customer Centre Bremen, the "gateway to the factory" where up to 150 vehicles are delivered each day. The customer centre is a popular event location in the region and offers various guided tours. A special highlight is "The Rock!" off-road course.
[i] Electricity consumption was determined on the basis of VO 692/2008/EG. Power consumption depends on vehicle configuration. The figures are provided in accordance with the German regulation 'PKW-EnVKV' and apply to the German market only. Further information on official fuel consumption figures and the official specific CO₂ emissions of new passenger cars can be found in the EU guide 'Information on the fuel consumption, CO₂ emissions and energy consumption of new cars', which is available free of charge at all sales dealerships, from DAT Deutsche Automobil Treuhand GmbH and at www.dat.de.