Mercedes-Benz C-Class (Sedan, Estate, Coupé, Convertible), E-Class (Coupé and Convertible), GLC, GLC Coupé, GLC F-CELL, SL, SLC, EQC1
Foundation year: 1938
Number of employees: > 12,500
Annual production figure: > 360,000
- The Mercedes-Benz plant in Bremen is the largest private employer in the region and the lead plant for the C-Class. The high-volume classic in the Mercedes-Benz portfolio is also produced under Bremen’s leadership in East London (South Africa), Tuscaloosa (USA) and in the joint venture plant BBAC in Beijing (China).
- As the lead plant, Bremen additionally controls production of the GLC in the global production network.
- With twelve models, the plant produces the most variants within the Mercedes-Benz Cars production network.
- Since 2019 the plant has built the EQC1, the first electric vehicle from the new product and technology brand EQ.
- Bremen production thus covers the entire range of intelligent drive technologies.
- The production site is home to the Mercedes-Benz Customer Centre Bremen, the "gateway to the factory" where up to 160 vehicles are delivered each day. The customer centre is a popular event location in the region and offers various guided tours. A special highlight is "The Rock!" off-road course.
1Combined power consumption: 20.8 – 19.7 kWh/100 km; combined CO2 emissions: 0 g/km*.
*The power consumption was determined based on Commission Regulation (EC) No. 692/2008. The power consumption is dependent upon the vehicle configuration.