Böblingen. A coupé or a cabrio? A soft top or a solid roof? smart blurs the borders: the smart fortwo coupé now has a unique solid roof with a black fabric covering as standard. This roof with the special look will be introduced together with further changes in model year 2016. Front fog lamps with cornering light are a further new feature. Sales start on 22 July and the first models will reach dealers in September.
The new solid roof with a fabric covering is a standard feature for the smart fortwo coupé. For the proxy line, BRABUS and BRABUS Xclusive it is available as a no-cost option instead of the standard panoramic roof with sun protection.
Here are the other most important new features of the model year:
- In future the LED & Sensor package (€550) will include front fog lamps with cornering light. These illuminate the direction of the bend when cornering, thus increasing driving safety.
- The fabric soft top for the smart fortwo cabrio is now also available in light beige and brown. This means that a total of five colours are available. The two new colours are offered in the BRABUS tailor made individualisation programme at a price of €996.
- All smart models come with the new i-Size child seat fastener as a standard feature. This applies to the passenger seat in the smart fortwo coupé and smart fortwo cabrio and the rear seats of the smart forfour. The i-Size child seat attachment system is a further development of the ISOFIX system. For the best possible protection of the child in the event of an accident, with the i-Size system the child seat latches into two anchorage points between the seat cushions and the backrest.
- For the smart forfour cadmium red is available as a new metallic colour for the radiator trim, which means that the smart forfour is available in a single colour (body, tridion safety cell and radiator trim). The additional charge is €60 for the passion and prime lines. For proxy, BRABUS and BRABUS Xclusive the radiator trim is available in cadmium red as a no-cost option.
- In future the Sports package will be called the Sleek Style package. There are no changes to the scope of equipment (16-inch alloy wheels in an 8-Y-spoke design painted in black, sports suspension lowered by 10 millimetres, exhaust system with chrome-plated tailpipe trim, multifunction sports steering wheel in a 3-spoke design in leather, sports pedals in brushed stainless steel with rubber studs) or the price (€650). The reason for the changed name is to distinguish this package more clearly from the BRABUS Sports package.
All prices are recommended retail prices for Germany, incl. 19% VAT.