Please wait a moment ...
Please wait a moment ...
Oct 25, 2013
Following the successful world premiere of the Mercedes-Benz GLA at the IAA in Frankfurt, many customers are already eagerly anticipating the launch of the new compact SUV from Mercedes-Benz. Now the anticipation is being cranked up a notch to an even higher level. This is because at the time of the market launch in March 2014 there will also be an exclusive Edition 1 variant. It will be available to order from the end of November for approximately one year after market launch.
"With the new GLA we are opening up the compact SUV segment for Mercedes-Benz," said Ola Källenius, Member of the Divisional Board Mercedes‑Benz Cars Marketing & Sales. "The GLA adds a new emotional variant to the comprehensive SUV range from Mercedes-Benz with which we aim to win over numerous new customers to our brand. Our exclusive Edition 1 is a particularly alluring proposition to boost the market launch."
The Edition 1 of the GLA impresses with exclusive details both inside and out. The exterior is based on the Urban line with simulated underguard and roof rails in chrome. Further features include bi-xenon headlamps, 19-inch AMG light-alloy wheels finished in high-gloss black, a black radiator grille louvre with chrome inserts, black-painted exterior mirrors, black waistline trim strips and dark-tinted glass starting from the B-pillars. The Edition 1 will be available exclusively in the paint finishes cirrus white, orient brown metallic, mountain grey metallic and designo magno mountain grey (from autumn 2014). The special model is recognisable thanks to the "Edition 1" lettering on the front wings.
Interior highlights include the DESERT DUST interior with
- seats which are only available in the Edition 1 upholstered in nut brown leather and Alvorada fabric with striking moccasin stitching
- 3-spoke multifunction sports steering wheel in leather, with perforated grip area and flattened bottom section
- sports pedals in brushed stainless steel with rubber studs
- aluminium trim with trapezoidal grain
- air vents with nozzle ring and cross element in silver chrome
- cover over the stowage compartment in the centre console
- cord floor mats with stitching in the appointments colour
- black roof liner and
- Light and Sight package (single-tone ambient lighting; illumination of the stowage compartment in the centre console; illuminated make-up mirror for driver and front passenger; illuminated front door sill panels with Mercedes lettering; front and rear footwell lighting; interior mirror with additional lighting; rear lighting with integral reading lamps and locator lighting; windscreen wipers with rain sensor, courtesy and warning lights for driver and front passenger doors).
With its exclusive appointments, the GLA Edition 1 underscores the strengths of the first compact SUV from Mercedes-Benz: progressive in design, serene in day-to-day motoring and with an off-road capability - as a wanderer between automotive worlds, the Mercedes-Benz GLA impressively reinterprets the compact SUV segment. It lightfootedly masters all day-to-day challenges and is also robust enough for off-road excursions.
The first Mercedes-Benz in the fast-growing compact SUV segment is highly manoeuvrable around town (length x width x height: 4417 x 1804 x 1494 mm), lively on country and pass roads and dynamic and efficient on the motorway (Cd figure 0.29).
The GLA is available with the new generation of 4MATIC permanent all-wheel drive with fully variable torque distribution as an option.
As a serene day-to-day companion the GLA has a flexible and variable interior. The rear seat backrests can not only be folded down completely, but are also adjustable for angle if required. The large luggage compartment (421 - 1235 litres) is well-presented and can be loaded without difficulty thanks to the low loading sill and the wide tailgate, which opens automatically as an option.
The particularly rigid body structure provides a reliable basis for a wide range of applications. Initially the power range of the 1.6 and 2.0-litre petrol engines will extend from 115 kW (156 hp) in the GLA 200 to 155 kW (211 hp) in the GLA 250.
The two diesel engines excel with dynamic torque and outstanding efficiency: The GLA 200 CDI develops 100 kW (136 hp), has a displacement of 2.2 litres and maximum torque of 300 Nm. It emits only 114 g of CO2 per kilometre. The GLA 220 CDI likewise has a displacement of 2.2 litres and develops 125 kW (170 hp) and 350 Nm.