Toto, Lewis and Valtteri receive their trophies as Mercedes-AMG Petronas Motorsport writes Formula One history
- Toto Wolff, Team Principal and CEO of Mercedes-AMG Petronas Motorsport, accepted the 2019 FIA Formula One Constructors’ Championship trophy on behalf of the team
- Lewis Hamilton was awarded the 2019 F1 Drivers’ Championship trophy
- Valtteri Bottas received the trophy for finishing second in this year’s F1 season
- Permanently accredited media from each of the FIA Championships chose Niki Lauda as the personality of the year
- Valtteri drove the championship-winning Silver Arrow, the Mercedes-AMG F1 W10 EQ Power+ onto the stage at the FIA Prize Giving Ceremony
- Imagery from the event is now available on our media site: http://media.mercedesamgf1.com/
The 2019 racing season concluded on Friday evening at the Carrousel du Louvre in Paris, France with the annual FIA Prize Giving Gala, where the champions from a number of major international motorsport categories were officially crowned by receiving their FIA trophies. Toto, Lewis and Valtteri were all awarded trophies – Toto on behalf of the team, Lewis and Valtteri for finishing first and second, respectively, in this year’s Formula One season.
It was a special season for Mercedes-AMG Petronas Motorsport as the team wrote Formula One history by winning a sixth consecutive Championship double – something no other team has done before in the 70-year-long history of the sport. In 2019, the team scored 15 victories, 10 pole positions and 739 points.
Mercedes-AMG Petronas Motorsport lead 696 of the 1,262 race laps that made up the 2019 F1 season. Including every pre-season test, in-season test and all 21 race weekends, the team’s two cars racked up 7,813 laps of running – completing 382,789 gear changes and taking 128,791 corners in the process. Mercedes-Benz Power Units completed 21,083 laps. Combined, the six Mercedes-Benz-powered cars scored 813 points, 15 wins, 32 podiums, 10 pole positions and 22 front row starts.
“This season has been very challenging,” said Toto. “We had to raise the bar once again and achieved some remarkable results. I’m incredibly proud and honoured to receive this trophy on behalf of everyone in Brackley, Brixworth and Stuttgart. Everyone within this team knows how much hard work, dedication and skill it takes to perform all year long at this level. This trophy is the result of that passion and dedication.
“Congratulations to all those who received awards at this year’s FIA Prize Giving Gala. This event is a great way to bring the motorsport family together, celebrating everyone’s achievements.”