Interior design: revolution from within
The interior of the new A-Class is completely redefined with its modern, avant-garde look. Mercedes-Benz has taken a completely new approach, revolutionising the compact class from the inside with a new feeling of spaciousness. The unique interior architecture is shaped in particular by the avant-garde design of the dashboard: The designers completely dispensed with a cowl above the cockpit. As a result, the wing-shaped main body of the dashboard extends from one front door to the other with no visual discontinuity. The Widescreen display (optional) is completely free-standing. The air vents in a sporty turbine look are another highlight.
Below this main body is a low-lying section, the so-called wing. The wing appears to float, as there are no connections or shape transitions to the surrounding area. The ambient lighting enhances this effect, accentuating the free-floating impression of the substructure. The 64 colours of the optional ambient lighting make five times as many colours available than before. And it is not just the variety that has increased, as the emotive presentation also sets standards in this segment: The different colours are composed into ten colour themes to allow an avant-garde lighting display with spectacular colour changes.
The cockpit is available in three versions:
- with two 7-inch displays (17.78 cm),
- with one 7-inch and one 10.25-inch (26 cm) display and
- with two 10.25-inch displays.
Colour and trim: fresh colours and unusual trim
The interior can be adapted to suit personal tastes in many ways. The fresh colour concept plays an important part in this: the choice includes indigo blue inspired by the denim jeans look, as well as cool neva grey exclusive to the A-Class. Light effects create an additional effect in this context.
Depending on the equipment line, different types and colours of trim elements are available for the dashboard. An overview of the trim elements:
- Style: colour band matching the upholstery in neva grey, indigo blue or black with integrated, contrasting piping in orange, light blue or grey
- Progressive: carbon-fibre look in black or silver
- AMG Line: AMG microfibre in black or aluminium with bright longitudinal grain (in conjunction with Artico upholstery)
- Optional for Progressive/AMG Line: light aluminium with longitudinal grain, light aluminium with line grain, trim in black open-pore lime wood or brown open-pore walnut wood (Progressive only)