Please wait a moment ...
Please wait a moment ...
OverviewThe highlights and management quotations at a glanceMaximum modularity for all customer wishes: The new Sprinter - Intelligent, interactive and innovativeStrategic realignment of Mercedes-Benz Vans: The new Sprinter brings the future initiative adVANce onto the roadsInnovative leap in the large van segment: Connectivity, ergonomics, safety and functionality at passenger car levelPerfect workplace with low TCO: Efficient and well-conceived down to the last detailMercedes PRO connect: Premiere in the Sprinter class: the latest connectivity solutions on board ex factory for the first timeProduct intelligence and IT basis: Always onlineQuick-change artist in more than 1700 variants: From a construction site vehicle to a luxury camper vanNumerous chassis and body variants: Perfectly adaptedRear, front or all-wheel drive: The whole spectrum of drive concepts is covered by the new SprinterModern safety and assistance systems: Effective electronic helpersMercedes-Benz design: Impressive business card for fleets and businessesEngines and transmissions: Optimised powertrain: more cost-effectiveness and improved refinement for all variantsSuspension and tyres: Glass-fibre reinforced plastic springs for maximum payloadPayload and load capacity: Load capacity now increased to up to 17 cu. m.Seat configuration: Tourer, shuttle or construction site pickupCamper vans: Camper van solutions in the large van segment – the new front-wheel drive opens up completely new possibilities
Feb 6, 2018
- Integral system solution based on a holistic approach: Mercedes-Benz Vans is undergoing a transformation from a vehicle manufacturer into a provider of comprehensive transport and mobility solutions. The new Sprinter is the first model series to embody the adVANce philosophy and put the first solutions from this future initiative on the road.
- Internet connection yields leap forward in efficiency: with state-of-the-art connectivity hardware and the Mercedes PRO connect services, the new Sprinter becomes part of the Internet of Things. Simpler fleet controlling and optimised communications between fleet manager and driver are among the innovations designed to make everyday work easier and more efficient. This makes a completely new level of vehicle management possible for fleets.
- Eight packages of connectivity services are going online: Eight packages available ex factory with central fleet, vehicle, driver and location-based services will be introduced on the market launch of Mercedes PRO connect. These include e.g. Vehicle Supervision, Vehicle Operations, Fleet Communication, Maintenance and Repair Management and a digital Driver's Logbook. The new services are used e.g. with the completely new MBUX multimedia system , which has an up to 10.25-inch HD display, touchscreen control and intuitive voice control.
- Adaptable down to the last detail: More than 1700 different Sprinter variants can be generated using only body type, drive concept, cab design, body length, tonnage and load compartment height. This variability makes the new Sprinter the perfect vehicle for a wide range of transport needs and sectors. The bandwidth ranges from a construction site vehicle with an attractive entry price to a luxuriously equipped shuttle-bus.
- Front-wheel drive and new transmissions: The well-proven drive concept with rear and all-wheel drive is now supplemented with a new, entry-level front wheel drive system. For reasons inherent to the design, the payload of this version increases by 50 kilograms compared to the rear-wheel drive, and an 80 millimetre lower loading sill makes loading/unloading and access/egress considerably more convenient. The technical highlights of the new Sprinter include two newly developed transmissions for front-wheel drive – a 9-speed automatic torque converter transmission as a first in the large van segment and a likewise newly developed 6-speed manual transmission.
- Driver cockpit that sets standards: Ergonomically optimised and comfortable - these aspects turn the cab into a perfect workplace. The improvements include ergonomically shaped seats, keyless start and an improved air conditioning system. A variable stowage concept ensures that everything has its place.
- Practical and with a high load capacity: loadable wheel arches and fully usable load compartment heights in combination with front-wheel drive increase the versatility of the load compartment. The maximum load capacity is 17 cu. m., with tonnages up to 5.5 tonnes. LED lighting strips ensure optimum visibility in the load compartment, and the rear doors can be opened to the side walls even more easily.
- The absolute leader in safety: Once again, Mercedes-Benz Vans is fulfilling its role as an innovation driver in the introduction of modern safety technologies in the large van segment. The assistance and control systems available for the new Sprinter include e.g. a reversing camera showing its image in the rear-view mirror, a modern Parking package with a 360-degree all-round view, a rain sensor and an integrated Wet Wiper system. The washer fluid is passed through the wiper arms, sprayed directly ahead of the wiper blades and wiped away with no delay – for optimum visibility even during the wiping process.
- Blending of form and function: With the third generation, the exterior of the Sprinter is entering a new era in which not only its qualities in solving transport problems are in demand. The vehicles in modern fleets are increasingly also being given the role of company representatives, and especially in smaller and medium-size business they are very much a business card. The Mercedes-Benz design strategy established in the car sector creates the basis for this, and stands out with a clear yet sensual design.
- Between two and 19 passengers: The portfolio ranges from two individual seats in the cab of a commercially used van to up to 20 seats for 19 passengers plus the driver. With Easy Mounting, Mercedes-Benz Vans has also developed a new system with which seat rows can install and remove easier from the Sprinter Tourer. In the luxury variant, the Sprinter has USB charging sockets and stowage space for smartphones in every rear seat row.
- Volker Mornhinweg, Head of Mercedes-Benz Vans: "In the logistics and transport world of the future, variability and the availability of customer-specific solutions are the essential success factor. Just offering customers a good vehicle is no longer enough. As an all-rounder, the new Sprinter must be more than just the sum of its parts. With an unprecedented number of variants, new connectivity services and a new telematics generation, it is a tailor-made end-to-end system meeting an enormous range of commercial transport and mobility requirements. This means that the new Sprinter achieves precisely what its preceding generations demonstrated before it: once again, it redefines the van segment. This makes it the ultimate in smart hardware, and it will raise its segment, the business of our customers and our own business to the next level."
- Dr. Ulf Zillig, overall Sprinter project manager at Mercedes-Benz Vans: "More than 3.4 million units delivered in 130 countries is a proud record for the first two generations of the Sprinter. This unequivocally confirms that the Sprinter is a global player, and must cover an unbelievable bandwidth of country and industry-specific requirements. This is why we have therefore expanded the already broad Sprinter portfolio even further. We are able to service specific market segments even better with a multitude of new product features. In combination with its connectivity, the new Sprinter opens up more possibilities in efficiency and process optimisation than any previous model from Mercedes-Benz Vans."