Please wait a moment ...
Please wait a moment ...
Highlights: Key facts
OverviewHighlights: Key factsShort version: The Mercedes-Benz A-Class: The benchmark in the compact classMBUX Mercedes-Benz User Experience: Unrivalled experience for the userUnder the microscope: LINGUATRONIC voice control: "Hey Mercedes"Under the microscope: Individualisation: Tailor-made and capable of learningUnder the microscope: Mercedes me connect: New services, easy operationUnder the microscope: Head-up display: Keeping your eyes on the roadDriving assistance systems: High safety standard with functions from the S-ClassUnder the microscope: MULTIBEAM LED headlamps: Optimum visibility in all conditionsAerodynamics: Extensive improvements by computer and wind tunnelDrive system: New engines, new transmissionsUnder the microscope: 4MATIC: More driving pleasure, more efficiencyBody and passive safety: Safety and quiet running at the highest levelSuspension: Agile and comfortableExterior design: Exercise in purismInterior design: A revolution from withinUnder the microscope: Seats: Comfort features from higher vehicle classesUnder the microscope: Utility value: The A-Class has grown upModel range: Something to suit every tasteUnder the microscope: Edition 1: Exclusive special model with colourful highlightsTesting: 12 million test kilometres on four continentsHistory: A compact revolution: Over 20 years of the Mercedes-Benz A-ClassProduction: Five plants on three continentsInteresting aspects of the A-Class: Did you know that...
Completely new multimedia system MBUX – Mercedes-Benz User Experience:
- An emotional connection between the vehicle, driver and passengers.
- Learning capability thanks to artificial intelligence and able to be personalised
- Comprehensive touch operation by touchscreen, touchpad (optional) on the centre console and touch control buttons in the steering wheel
- Intelligent voice control with natural language comprehension and activation using the keyword "Hey Mercedes" (optional)
- Navigation display with augmented reality technology (optional)
- New Mercedes me services
- For the first time, the A-Class is able to drive semi-autonomously in certain driving situations.
- Highest safety standard in this segment thanks to extended driving assistance systems with S-Class functions (FAP 4.5; optional equipment)
- Active Distance Assist DISTRONIC and Active Steering Assist now support the driver even more conveniently in keeping a safe distance and steering, and the vehicle speed is now also automatically adjusted on bends, at road junctions and on roundabouts.
- Also on board are e.g. Active Emergency Stop Assist and intuitively understandable Active Lane Change Assist.
- PRE-SAFE® PLUS can recognise an imminent rear-end collision. If the danger of a collision persists, the system can also firmly apply the brakes of the vehicle when stationary, thus minimising the risk of injuries by reducing the forward jolt caused by an impact from the rear.
New range of efficient engines:
- New four-cylinder petrol engine M 282 (1.4 l displacement, up to 120 kW and 250 Nm) with cylinder shutoff (initially in combination with 7G-DCT) and innovations such as the delta shape of the cylinder head, NANOSLIDE® and Eco-Tough coating, petrol particulate filter, new 7G-DCT dual clutch transmission.
- New four-cylinder petrol engine M 260 (2.0 l displacement, up to 165 kW, up to 350 Nm) with CONICSHAPE® (honing of the cylinder walls) and CAMTRONIC (intake camshaft adjustment).
- New four-cylinder diesel engine OM 608 (1.5 l displacement, up to 85 kW, up to 260 Nm) with AdBlue® technology, improved turbocharger, water intercooling and reduced weight.
More driving pleasure and ride comfort:
- 30 mm longer wheelbase, 14 mm wider front track
- Further improved suspension with MacPherson front suspension with aluminium transverse control arms and multi-link rear suspension. With 4MATIC and more powerful engine variants: four-link rear suspension
- Active damping adjustment (optional equipment) with electronic control: in conjunction with the standard DYNAMIC SELECT (four driving modes), there is a choice of comfortable or sporty damping characteristics.
- Further development of 4MATIC all-wheel drive with electro-mechanically controlled multiplate clutch
Modern luxury redefined:
- Avant-garde styling of the dashboard and a cockpit with no cowl create a unique architecture.
- The two displays measuring up to 10.25 inches (26 cm) each blend together under a shared glass cover (except with the basic variant with two 7-inch displays) to form a completely free-standing Widescreen cockpit.
- Ambient lighting with 64 colours and illuminated air vents in a turbine look are optionally available,
- and also optional are seat heating, seat climate control and a Multicontour Seat package incl. massage function for the front seats.
- More shoulder room (+9/+22 mm front/rear), elbow room (+35/+36 mm) and headroom (+7/+8 mm), as well as easier entry to the rear.
- At 370 litres the boot is 29 litres larger than in the preceding model, and more usable.
- All-round visibility has been improved by reducing the pillar claddings by around ten percent