Model range and equipment: Individual style has a high priority
The E-Class Cabriolet is already generously equipped as standard. It also offers many possibilities to express personal style and preferences.
The new E-Class Cabriolet models available at market launch are the E 220 d, E 350 d 4MATIC, E 200, E 300 and E 400 4MATIC. Additional petrol and diesel variants will follow, including more 4MATIC models.
Open-air comfort: Summer heat a constant companion
Customers opting for a cabriolet like to drive with the top down as often as possible. Maximum open-air comfort is possible in the E-Class Cabriolet thanks to the optional AIRCAP automatic draught-stop system and the AIRSCARF neck-level heating, which make the fresh air much more enjoyable even at low outside temperatures.
- The AIRSCARF neck-level heating system uses air outlets in the head restraints to wrap an invisible scarf of warm air around the head and neck areas of the driver and front passenger.
- AIRCAP was specially developed for Mercedes-Benz convertibles, and also reduces interior air turbulence for rear seat passengers. When the AIRCAP switch is operated, a wind louvre inconspicuously integrated into the roof frame automatically extends on the windscreen and the draught-stop behind the rear head restraints is raised. Both system components act in concert, complementing each other in their functions: the wind louvre increases the arc of the airflow above the passenger compartment, while the draught-stop reduces the backdraught. This enables air turbulence in the interior to be considerably reduced.
AIRSCARF and AIRCAP are part of the Cabriolet Comfort package.
Cabriolet suitable for use all year round
The E-Class Cabriolet boasts an exceptionally high level of everyday practicality. It is suitable for all seasons and all weather conditions thanks to the optional AIRCAP automatic draught-stop system and the AIRSCARF neck-level heating as well as a number of other features:
- Acoustic soft top insulated to protect against heat and cold
- Heat-reflecting leather in conjunction with optional leather appointments
- Individually folding rear seat backrests with through-loading feature
- The option of having a trailer coupling fitted to carry cycles, for example
- An optional, programmable auxiliary heater
- Optional 4MATIC all-wheel drive
Diversity to suit every taste
The Cabriolet already comes with a high equipment specification as standard, augmented by a wide range of individualisation options. These include 16 upholstery variants, 9 trim variants, 12 paint finishes and 4 soft top colours. The roof liner of the soft top is available in black, porcelain and crystal grey.
The AMG Line is available as an alternative to underline the dynamism of the Cabriolet. It differs from the standard AVANTGARDE line in e.g. the front and rear bumpers, the side skirts and larger AMG Styling wheels. The interior boasts such features as seats in high-grade ARTICO/DINAMICA in black with grey contrasting topstitching, the Seat Comfort package and an AMG leather sports steering wheel.
Other features of AMG Line:
- AMG bumpers with a chromed horizontal front splitter and striking, sporty air inlets with a diamond-pattern mesh and black louvres in the inlets
- Diamond grille with chromed dots and integrated Mercedes star, including a louvre in matt iridium silver with chrome inserts
- Grille with chrome surround
- Perforated front brake discs
- Front brake callipers with "Mercedes-Benz" lettering
- 19-inch AMG light-alloy wheels
- AMG rear bumper with black lower section. This includes a chromed wing and a diffuser-like insert in the vehicle colour
- AMG-typical side pockets in the bumper
- Seat Comfort package
- Stainless steel sports pedals
- AMG floor mats