Model range and equipment: Maximum individuality for highest standards
When the new Mercedes-Benz GLC Coupé drives onto the sales floors, the customers can choose from seven engines. The palette encompasses three diesel models, three petrol versions and a plug-in hybrid model. For the first time a six-cylinder diesel engine is also on offer, in the guise of the GLC 350 d 4MATIC Coupé:
- GLC 220 d 4MATIC Coupé, diesel, 125 kW (170 hp)
- GLC 250 d 4MATIC Coupé, diesel, 150 kW (204 hp)
- GLC 350 d 4MATIC Coupé*, diesel, 190 kW (258 hp)
- GLC 250 4MATIC Coupé, petrol, 155 kW (211 hp)
- GLC 300 4MATIC Coupé*, petrol, 180 kW (245 hp)
- Mercedes-AMG GLC 43 4MATIC Coupé*, petrol, 270 kW (367 hp)
- GLC 350 e 4MATIC Coupé*, plug-in hybrid, 235 kW (320 hp)**
* from end of 2016; **system output
In keeping with the exclusivity of a Mercedes coupé, the new SUV model already boasts high-quality, lavish equipment and appointments ex-factory. With a wide range of individualisation options customers can configure a tailor-made GLC Coupé – and thus realise their own personal style. Already included in the standard equipment on board are comfort and safety features like COLLISION PREVENTION ASSIST PLUS, Crosswind Assist, Headlamp Assist, reversing camera, EASY-PACK tailgate, ATTENTION ASSIST and an ESP® with Curve Dynamic Assist.
Striking coupé outfit with sports car attributes
The new GLC Coupé transfers the sports car attributes familiar from the GLE Coupé to the mid-size SUV segment. By way of example, the GLC Coupé offers a series of distinctive differentiating characteristics and equipment features and thus stands out from the GLC. Only with the coupé is the Exterior Chrome package standard: it comprises the radiator trim with an integral Mercedes star and a louvre in matt iridium silver with chrome inserts, the simulated underguard front/rear in chrome, the shoulderline trim strip in polished aluminium, the window frame in chrome, the handle in the load compartment floor in chrome, plus an exhaust system with two visible tailpipe trims in stainless steel fully integrated into the bumper (petrol engine)/with two tailpipe trims (diesel engines).
The further coupé-specific contents:
- Diamond radiator grille with a louvre and black pins as standard
- 45.7 cm (18-inch) light-alloy wheels as standard
- Light-alloy wheels in various designs up to 50.8 cm (20-inch) as an option
- AMG light-alloy wheels with mixed-size tyres in 48.3 cm (19 inches) and 50.8 cm (20 inches) on request in conjunction with AMG Exterior line
- Seats with exclusive upholstery layout, horizontal quilting and ARTICO man-made leather upholstery as standard
- Sports seats in conjunction with optional AMG Interior line
- Interior design cranberry red/black in two-tone ARTICO man-made leather or in two-tone leather, on request in combination with AMG Interior line respectively
- Sports suspension as standard
- Steering with sporty configuration through more direct steering ratio as standard
- On request DYNAMIC BODY CONTROL suspension with steel springs and continuous damping adjustment in the levels "Comfort", "Sport" and "Sport+"
- Sports exhaust system with a sporty engine sound as an option for four-cylinder petrol models
Equipment & appointments:
- KEYLESS-GO starting function as standard
- Audio 20 CD as standard
- Reversing camera as standard
- EASY-PACK tailgate as standard
Many possibilities, unlimited variety
GLC Coupé customers have plenty of opportunities for realising their personal style: twelve paintwork variants, including three exclusive designo colours plus 15 light-alloy wheels, four of which are especially sporty versions from AMG, bring practically endless variety. The exterior can also be individualised with the aid of attractive design and equipment lines/packages:
- AMG Exterior line, with AMG front and rear apron, 48.3 cm (19-inch) AMG light-alloy wheels in 5-twin-spoke design, painted titanium grey with a high-sheen finish, with mixed-size tyres, diamond radiator grille with pins in chrome, integral Mercedes star and single louvre in matt iridium silver with chrome insert
- Night package, including exterior mirror housings, shoulderline trim strip and window frames in high-gloss black, underguard front and rear painted in black, 48.3 cm (19-inch) light-alloy wheels with a choice of two designs, heat-insulating dark-tinted glass from the B-pillar and radiator grille louvre in high-gloss black with chrome inserts
Further optional equipment items are the aluminium-look running boards with rubber studs, the EASY-PACK tailgate with HANDS-FREE ACCESS, which can be automatically opened/closed, the heat- and noise-insulating acoustic glass in the front doors or the fully power-adjustable trailer coupling including ESP® trailer stabilisation.
Parking the GLC is made more convenient and safe thanks to the optional Parking package with 360° camera: it combines the Active Parking Assist with PARKTRONIC and the standard reversing camera. The Active Parking Assist with PARKTRONIC can also be ordered individually.
Extensive infotainment offering
The standard infotainment equipment in the GLC Coupé includes the Audio 20 CD system with a 17.8 cm (7-inch) display, Frontbass, Bluetooth® hands-free function, audio streaming and two USB ports. The optional Garmin® MAP PILOT with Live Traffic expands Audio 20 CD into a fully-fledged navigation system with traffic jam avoidance integrated into the onboard electrical system. The navigation software and map data are supplied on an SD card.
When COMAND Online is installed, the colour media display increases in size to 21.3 cm (8.4 inches) and has an even higher resolution. It also allows digital TV/radio reception, for example, and offers a host of other features including fast hard-disc navigation, automatic tailback avoidance via up-to-date and accurate "Live Traffic Information", an integrated WLAN hotspot functionality and the LINGUATRONIC voice-operated control system.
Musical enjoyment at concert hall level is possible with the optional Burmester® surround sound system. This has a 9-channel DSP amplifier, 13 speakers and a system output of 590 watts.
Mercedes me connect: your personal assistant
As in all models now, Mercedes me connect is available in the GLC Coupé too. In addition to the standard functions such as eCall, accident recovery, breakdown assistance or after-sales service, Remote Online (standard with COMAND Online) offers numerous convenience features via smartphone, such as tracking to locate the parked vehicle, control of the auxiliary heating, locking and unlocking the vehicle or the retrieval of various items of information, such as odometer reading, fuel level or range.
The Mercedes me connect app currently offers the following functionalities:
- Accident Recovery: after activation of the Mercedes-Benz emergency call system, a connection is established with the Customer Assistance Center (CAC) by customer request and assistance is provided with post-accident procedures, e.g. vehicle towing
- Breakdown Management: in the event of a breakdown, calling the Customer Assistance Center also automatically transfers the relevant vehicle data to the Customer Assistance Center to enable even quicker and more effective assistance to be provided by Mercedes-Benz Service24h
- Maintenance Management: if required, maintenance-related data are sent to the Mercedes-Benz service partner. The latter is then able to address the customer actively and send a quote
- Telediagnostics: components with diagnostics capability are monitored in order to detect wear or failure. If wear and tear is detected, the relevant data are transferred automatically to the workshop, which is then able to address the customer specifically on the basis of this information
Touchpad: easy and intuitive operation by finger gestures
The 65 x 45-millimetre touchpad in the handrest over the Controller on the centre tunnel optimises user-friendliness. It is automatically included if COMAND Online is ordered, and optional in conjunction with Audio 20 CD. As with a smartphone, the touchpad can be used by the driver and front passenger to operate all head unit functions very easily and intuitively using single or multi-finger gestures (Multitouch). Slow and fast gestures are possible. The touchpad also permits letters, numbers and special characters to be entered in handwriting - in any language supported by Audio 20 or COMAND Online. The user receives clear tactile feedback when operating the touchpad's control surface, which is highly conducive to really intuitive use.
The optional extra Head-up Display projects relevant information onto the windscreen directly into the driver's field of vision. It thus ensures good legibility plus minimal distraction from what is happening on the road. The Head‑up Display indicates the vehicle speed and – depending on the level of equipment – also shows speed limits, navigation instructions and information relating to assistance systems.
Numerous combination possibilities in the interior
For the interior of the GLC Coupé, too, Mercedes-Benz is offering a wide selection of colours, materials and optional appointments. With the aid of the numerous combination possibilities customers can implement the most diverse of wishes. As an alternative to the standard upholstery in ARTICO, ARTICO/DINAMICA, leather or nappa leather are also available for selection. Perfectly coordinated with these are the different upholstery colours plus the trim parts – including in black piano-lacquer look (standard equipment), in open-pore ash wood or AMG carbon fibre / light longitudinal-grain aluminium.
Requests for an even more individual interior over and above this are met by the additional design and equipment lines:
- EXCLUSIVE interior for a contemporary interpretation of luxury with an attractive colour concept and extensive trim in wood – including leather-covered dashboard and beltlines. It also comprises seats with an exclusive upholstery layout, on request in ARTICO/fabric also two-tone, horizontal trim in the dashboard in silver chrome plus numerous other high-quality appointments. Contrasting topstitching emphasises the hand-finished character.
- AMG Interior line embodies a sportily exclusive ambience. This includes sports seats in ARTICO / DINAMICA microfibre, a multifunction sports steering wheel with silver-coloured steering-wheel gearshift paddles, the sports pedals, the tube-look instrument cluster plus light longitudinal-grain aluminium trim in the doors and black piano-lacquer-look trim in the centre console.
- designo interior - black: upholstery in black designo nappa leather in a diamond design, with well-placed perforation, seat bolsters and head restraints with crystal grey contrasting topstitching
- designo interior - two-tone: upholstery in platinum white pearl/black designo nappa leather in a diamond design, with well-placed perforation, seat bolsters and head restraints with white contrasting topstitching
Extraordinarily exclusively equipped: the GLC Coupé Edition 1
The Edition 1 from Mercedes-Benz is traditionally particularly popular and exclusive. A multitude of perfectly coordinated equipment and appointments for the exterior and interior considerably enhance the sportiness, exclusivity and comfort of the GLC Coupé yet further. The Edition 1 lettering on the front wings and a badge in the centre console serve as distinguishing features. The perfect basis for a stylishly sporty look is created by the AMG Exterior line, the Night package and the 50.8 cm (20-inch) AMG light-alloy wheels in a multi-spoke design with mixed-size tyres. Finely styled LED High Performance headlamps and the heat- and noise-insulating acoustic glass elegantly round off the exterior.
Two variants are available to choose from for the interior with its exclusively sporty style. The first combination is based on the AMG Interior line with sports seats in two-tone cranberry red/black leather and black open-pore ash wood trim. Available as an alternative is the EXCLUSIVE interior with the designo two-tone platinum white pearl/black interior including light longitudinal-grain aluminium trim in the dashboard and doors plus black open-pore ash wood trim in the centre console. The host of equipment also includes seat heating, the Seat Comfort package and ambient lighting. AMG light longitudinal-grain carbon fibre/aluminium trim is also available as an alternative. The time-limited GLC Coupé Edition 1 is available with all engine variants and paintwork versions.
Highlights of the optional extras for the GLC Coupé
In addition to the equipment packages, the GLC Coupé can be upgraded with numerous optional extras, for example:
- AIR BODY CONTROL air suspension with continuously variable damping
- DYNAMIC BODY CONTROL steel suspension with continuous damping adjustment
- Trailer coupling with ESP® trailer stabilisation and fully electrically pivoting ball head
- Aluminium-look running boards with rubber studs
- Light-alloy wheels
- 45.7 cm (18-inch) with 235/60 R 18 tyres
- 48.3 cm (19-inch) with 235/55 R 19 tyres
- 50.8 cm (20-inch) with 255/45 R 20 tyres
- AMG light-alloy wheels with mixed-size tyres
- 48.3 cm (19-inch) with 235/55 R 19 (front) and 255/50 R 19 (rear) tyres
- 50.8 cm (20-inch) with 255/45 R 20 (front) and 285/40 R 20 (rear) tyres
- Driving Assistance package Plus including DISTRONIC PLUS with Steering Assist and Stop&Go Pilot, PRE-SAFE® Brake with pedestrian detection, BAS PLUS with Cross-Traffic Assist, Active Blind Spot Assist, Active Lane Keeping Assist and PRE-SAFE® PLUS
- Parking package with 360° camera including Active Parking Assist with PARKTRONIC
- Adaptive Highbeam Assist Plus
- LED Intelligent Light System with variable light distribution, active light function, country and motorway modes, cornering lights, extended fog light function, dynamic headlamp range control and blue welcome light
- Ambient lighting at the front beneath the trim and in the doors, footwell lamps front and rear, three colour shades selectable
- KEYLESS-GO Convenience package including remote boot lid closing, power closing function for boot lid, HANDS-FREE ACCESS, handle recess illumination and convenience opening and closing
- Seat Comfort package for driver and front passenger consisting of: electro-pneumatic 4-way lumbar support with control on the seat, electric seat cushion inclination adjustment, mechanical seat cushion fore/aft adjustment
- Climatised seats for the driver and front passenger, including heating and ventilation
- Multifunction steering wheel, heated
- THERMOTRONIC automatic air conditioning with three climate zones including residual engine heat utilisation, activated charcoal filter for reduction of fine particles and odours, separately adjustable temperature for driver, front passenger and rear occupants, individual climate modes FOCUS, MEDIUM, DIFFUSE, air quality sensor with automatic air recirculation, dewpoint sensor, control panel in rear with temperature control and booster fan for rear ventilation
- AIR-BALANCE package including ionisation, improved air filtering and fragrancing
- Head-up Display
- Seat heating in the rear