The Sprinter reinvented – still defining a segment in its third generation
- Integral system solution based on a holistic approach:
Mercedes-Benz Vans is undergoing a transformation from a vehicle manufacturer into a provider of integral transport and mobility solutions. The new Sprinter is the first model series to embody the adVANce philosophy and put the first solutions from this future initiative on the road.
- Internet connection yields leap forward in efficiency: with state-of-the-art connectivity hardware and the Mercedes PRO connect services, the new Sprinter becomes part of the Internet of Things. Simpler fleet controlling and optimised communications between fleet manager and driver are among the innovations designed to make everyday work easier and more efficient.
- Scalable for every use case: the new generation of the best-selling large van boasts a further enhancement in versatility and adaptability. Body variants, wheelbases, load height, stowage concepts, interior versatility and infotainment systems are all precisely adaptable to the specific area of use.
- Sector-specific and individual: in tough everyday work at the construction site or as a prestigious vehicle in VIP shuttle service – the Sprinter is at home in many fields. And it is all set for the job in hand, as the diverse ex-factory solutions come fully prepared for the given sector-specific requirements.
- Electrification of commercial fleets: Mercedes-Benz Vans' holistic strategy includes the systematic electrification of company fleets. The eVito, which became available for ordering some days ago, will kick off the process next year, followed by the eSprinter in 2019.
- "The Sprinter is the flagship of our commercial fleet and embodies our approach towards an integrated system solution. Comprehensive industry-specific know-how, a vehicle that is adaptable to different transport requirements and innovative networking services add up to an all-embracing fully integral product offering. The Sprinter is the first example of this new class of vehicle from Mercedes-Benz Vans and represents our understanding of the concept of smart hardware in every respect", says Volker Mornhinweg, head of Mercedes-Benz Vans.
- "We have expanded the already wide-ranging Sprinter portfolio at relevant points and added a multitude of new product features. This will allow us to meet even better the requirements of our commercial customers in the various business sectors, all over the world. One of the particular features of the new Sprinter is its digital networking ability, which offers a whole host of new opportunities to improve efficiency and optimise processes throughout the customer process chain. The Sprinter is part of the Internet of Things and slots seamlessly into the digital world", says Dr Ulf Zillig, overall project manager for the Sprinter at Mercedes-Benz Vans.